"This is it to be a man of the highest type. To be and not seem; to do and not simply to talk; to have the right ideal, the true motive and patiently to transform conduct in accordance with it..." - Ossian Everett Mills

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day? Monday.

Yeah,

Never really bought into the whole Valentine's Day bit. While it's nice to have a certain day set aside when you and your significant other can pour your love out continuously, and be as lovey-dovey as you want, It's whatever to a guy like me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for free love, and I think it's just the cutest thing ever to see couples walking around campus, fingers locked in devotional appreciation. But, something that women never take into account is how expensive this time of year is for guys. Men stress out around Valentine's time... I don't even have a girlfriend and I've been tense all day. It's a culmination of the stereotypical need to purchase lavish gifts, and all around pamper your girl so that maybe she'll put up with you for just one more year.

Maybe that's why I don't have a girlfriend....

1. I'm poor.
2. I'm occasionally cheap.
3. I go for simple versus complicated (which, women will swear up and down all day long that they "Don't want much", but let's be realistic here. Please)
4. I am simply not a social partner. <-- That one takes the cake, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm not one, or at least haven't been, to get out and go do stuff with people. I'm pretty much perfectly content to stay in my dorm all day, err'day doing absolutely nothing. But - I also like to believe that college is helping me take serious steps toward breaking out of my anti-sociability shell, and blossom into a beautiful, social butterfly.

At the very least, the first step to recovery is acceptance right?

No, no, my enlightened readers... Mitchell Dylan Anthony Baldwin celebrates Valentine's Day with a different kind of mistress. And she can sometimes be a total... Yeah... But most of the time she's alright.

Music! And this song in particular that I absolutely cannot stop listening to.

It's an oldie by Mr. Billy Ward & His Dominoes, a magical tune first debuted by the group in 1957. It's called Stardust. Dig it, you hipsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment