"This is it to be a man of the highest type. To be and not seem; to do and not simply to talk; to have the right ideal, the true motive and patiently to transform conduct in accordance with it..." - Ossian Everett Mills

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Winds of Change

Yes sir,

Another month, another blog update. I know - that's a crappy way of doing things, but when I tell myself "Mitch, you're gonna blog about this awesome life you live and these awesome people who are in it and all these awesome things you experience." I get totes pumped for memoir-excellence. However, when I get down to it the whole project just gets shoved into the back of my mind like some leprous, half-done piece of junk until I decide to pick it back up again. Hopefully though I can find the time to begin updating regularly, and many even do a little philosophisizin' along the way!


What's been going on? Well, I'm a Probationary Member of the Mu Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity, and so far it has been the COOLEST experience ever. Never saw myself becoming a frat-boy, but this is only halfway doing it... Sperry's and/or polos won't be apart of my wardrobe until they serve a professional use, but until that time - hell to the no.

The whole process of joining a fraternity is time-consuming, but I feel like I'm handling it pretty well thus far. My pledge brothers elected me Vice President of our Probationary Class and I can only...

(Continued at 11:28 AM the following day) hope that I'm fulfilling my duties as best I can? Yeah, totally lost my train of thought from last night. In the midst of writing this blog post I went to this coffee place in OKC with Robert and Susan called Cuppies an Joe. Cute little place! They had cupcakes and coffee. Afterward I went Robert's place and got my first official fraternity interview from Sam Briggs. Man, it was a really interesting conversation. We talked for around 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and it was a blast. My schedule for today is pretty chill. I only have symphony band at 2:30, then I'll probably do some studying later. Maybe try for another interview tonight.

Anyway, I don't even know where I'm going with this, so I'm gonna cut it off here.
Chances are I'll remember everything I was going to say in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment