"This is it to be a man of the highest type. To be and not seem; to do and not simply to talk; to have the right ideal, the true motive and patiently to transform conduct in accordance with it..." - Ossian Everett Mills

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy day. Yeah.

A new follower! (Hi Kristal. :D)


Let's rewind to yesterday, first. I made the 2010 Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band. First part, too, with only one other freshman. Last night's first rehearsal was crazy. Exciting, scary, fast, and every other stupid emotion in between! I've got a ton of music to memorize, and even more spots to memorize on the field. The good news is I've at least got the fight song memorized. And it's awesome. Ridiculously awesome. You should see the trombone section play it. I'll get a video sometime, or something.

Also had my first trombone choir rehearsal. It's really difficult, but extremely fun. Lotta exposure to good music, and even greater players, that's for sure. Doc is insane. In a good way. Scheduled a lesson time with him. Wednesdays at 1:30. Pumped!


---

Now then - to today!

Had my first Pride marching rehearsal this morning, bright and early at 8 o'clock. While that was going on, Freshman move-in happened! More than 2,000 incoming freshman flooded the campus. My roommate arrived, great guy. A few other friends from good 'ole Cache, Oklahoma did too. Pretty excited to see what they've been up to the past few years. After rehearsal, had lunch with my roommate, Duncan, and his dad (who is also extremely cool). Ate at Taco Mayo. Now, I'm not a Mayo fan, at all, but this wasn't that bad. Learned how the whole meal system works here, and it's pretty simple.

Boring explanation follows: Basically, I have 8 meals a week I can use at the campus cafeteria, however they will not carry over into the next week, and the meals either reset on Sunday or Monday. These meals can also be exchanged at a place, say Taco Mayo for instance, to an equivalent of $7.00. In addition to the meals I also have 450 meal points, which are essentially equivalent to a dollar. Pretty easy concept.

So, anyway, after lunch I had a trombone sectional at 3:00, then another marching rehearsal at 6:00! My schedule is basically like this until Sunday, then it's sorta chill.

From there, it's just smooth sailing...

Oh wait - classes start Monday! *Facepalm*
Luckily, my classes are all relatively close, so I'm pretty good there. However, STILL don't have my books. That's a definite problem, so I'll hop on that.

Until next time, Boomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment